- 1 Email Marketing Books
- 2 Email Marketing Articles at The Marketing Technology Blog
- 3 Email Marketing Online Resources
- 4 Email Marketing Software and Solution Providers
- 5 Industry Specific Email Marketing Solutions
- 6 About the Email Marketing Page
Email Marketing Books
Email Marketing by the Numbers was written by a friend and mentor of mine, Chris Baggott and friend Ali Sales. Everything you ever wanted to know about Email Marketing is available in this book.
Email Marketing Articles at The Marketing Technology Blog
- The 5-2-2-1 Rule of Today's Direct Marketing
- Email Marketing and Return on Investment
- Email Marketing versus Really Simple Syndication
- Email Marketing Key Formulas and Indicators
- Email Marketing List Retention Analysis
- The Top 10 Spamming ISPs
- Amazon versus Borders Newsletter Analysis
- Email Marketing by the Numbers
- Technical Information Regarding Outlook 2007's email rendering
- Utilization of Alt Tags for Images in HTML Email
Email Marketing Online Resources
- The Marketing Technology Blog a blog about marketing with the use of online technologies
- AWeber Blog email marketing
- BeRelevant Email Marketing Best Practices Blog by Tamara Giele
- Bill's Blog Co-Founder and CEO of Email Data Source speaks about the email marketing industry and other things on his mind.
- Chris Baggott's Email Marketing Best Practices Email is the greatest marketing tool in history. If used properly, nothing is more personalized, inexpensive, interactive or easier to execute.
- Email Marketing Reports Hundreds of articles, reviews and links to help you start or improve your email marketing. (Whether you send one or a million emails.)
- Email Marketing Strategy from Silverpop CEO Bill Nussey
- The Email Wars a blog on Email deliverability
- Email Yogi Sundeep Kapur is an Email Marketing Consultant who has been assisting people with email marketing strategy since 1997.
- ExactTarget Blogs ExactTarget is the market leader in on-demand email software solutions for permission-based email marketing
- Marketing with Technology and More Jordan Ayan, CEO of SubscriberMail, one of the country's leading email marketing service providers shares thoughts on marketing using technology, email marketing and whatever else catches his fancy.
- MediaPost's Email Insider - The inside line on Email Marketing
- mobileStorm's Digital Marketing Blog - From email to RSS, SMS to SEO. Seasoned marketers have a place to sharpen their skills, and novices can become a part of the Digital Marketing revolution.
- No man is an iland ...daily blog with email marketing advice, news and best practices by Mark Brownlow
- Retail.Email.Blogspot a comprehensive blog on the state and style of the retail industry's use of email marketing
- SendLabs Email Marketing best practices, thoughts and more
- Returnpath Increasing Email Reach and Response
- United States CAN-SPAM Act The CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act) establishes requirements for those who send commercial email, spells out penalties for spammers and companies whose products are advertised in spam if they violate the law, and gives consumers the right to ask emailers to stop spamming them.
- The Spamhaus Project Spamhaus tracks the Internet's Spammers, Spam Gangs and Spam Services, provides dependable realtime anti-spam protection for Internet networks, and works with Law Enforcement to identify and pursue spammers worldwide.
Deliverability is the 'ability' for your emails to make it to the recipient's inbox. Internet Service Providers are under extreme pressure to thwart SPAM and are building reputations on your business at this very moment. You can get blacklisted (blocked) by companies and ISPs for a number of reasons, including:
- Repeatedly sending to bad email addresses at the ISP
- Disabling Reverse DNS Lookup
You can improve your reputation and deliverability by:
- Avoiding SPAM traps
- Enabling Reverse DNS Lookup on the IP addresses of the server you are sending email from.
- Ensuring you register bounced email addresses and do not send to them over and over again.
- Following ISP guidelines and applying for Whitelist placement with major ISPs like AOL
- Your Email is Blacklisted, Now What?
- Trusted Source Reputation Services
- Goodmail Systems makes CertifiedEmail™, the industry standard class of trusted email. CertifiedEmail provides a safe and reliable means for consumers to easily identify authentic messages from legitimate commercial and nonprofit senders
- AOL Postmaster Whitelist Guides
Email Marketing Software and Solution Providers
- Acxiom Digital - Integrated Digital Marketing Technology and Services for Global 2000 Enterprises
- AWeber Communications - develops and manages online opt-in email newsletters, follow-up automation, and email deliverability services for small business customers around the world.
- Bronto - Email Marketing Software for online retailers, interactive agencies, and marketing departments
- Campaign Mark - Campaign Mark is a powerful yet simple email marketing tool
- CheetahMail - Deliver highly targeted and relevant email messages to your customers and accurately track and measure response
- Constant Contact - Helping organizations connect with online communications that are easy, effective, and affordable.
- Email Garage - Get the right message to the right person at the right moment, through the right channel
- EmailLabs - EmailLabs delivers high-performance email marketing solutions, software and services.
- ExactTarget - Regardless of the size or industry of your organization, ExactTarget ensures you can create, target, deliver, integrate, track, and manage sophisticated email campaigns.
- iContact - The Email Marketing Service That Allows You To Easily Track Sends, Opens, Clicks, and More!
- Emma - the Web-based service that makes it easy to create, send and track stylish email newsletters and campaigns.
- JangoMail - create, send and track personalized emails to your customers
- Listrak - Listrak is an integrated, self service email campaign management solution that offers detailed management and analysis tools to companies seeking to simplify, synchronize, and capitalize on their online marketing endeavors
- MailBuild - MailBuild is a white label email newsletter tool built just for designers. Design a template for each client, set the price they should be charged and let them create and send their own great looking email newsletters.
- MailChimp - Mail that's fun, simple and professional
- mobileStorm - Mobile marketing and email marketing
- myMailMarket - (Belgium, Netherlands) email marketing platform om mailings te versturen
- Responsys - products and services to enable efficient, effective, extraordinary marketing across email, direct mail, and mobile channels.
- SendLabs - Our simple yet powerful self-service email marketing software, combined with our professional email marketing services, makes marketers and agencies like you a hit.
- SilverPop - Silverpop is a leading provider of permission-based email marketing solutions, strategy and services
- StreamSend - StreamSend is the most comprehensive and cost-effective permission based e-mail marketing suite available
- Strongmail - StrongMail Systems develops high-volume email delivery servers that empower businesses to manage their marketing and transactional email programs in-house.
- UnsubCentral - UnsubCentral, Inc. offers advertisers and affiliates global CAN-SPAM suppression list management solutions
- Vertical Response - VerticalResponse is the easy-to-use, web-based marketing solution that helps you grow your business through email marketing and printed postcards
Industry Specific Email Marketing Solutions
- Patronpath - specializes in Marketing and eCommerce solutions for the restaurant industry
- Fishbowl - serves the restaurant industry with on-demand email marketing software and professional services
About the Email Marketing Page
Page owned and operated by Douglas A. Karr, The Marketing Technology Blog