From Million Dollar Wiki
The top four places to visit in India
The Taj Mahal
- What to do: Take the guided tour of the Taj and surrounding gardens. Guided tours are great but not necessary, you can simply walk yourself.
- Hotels: You have your pick in any budget range. The Trident (5 star), Holiday Inn (mid-range) and Taj Khaema (Budget)
- When to go: Mid-January to April and from September to mid-December are the best times of the year to visit.
- Days to Allocate: 2 days.
Backwaters of Kerala
- What to do: Explore by boat the 1500km of natural and man made canals across the tropical state of Kerala.
- Hotels: The best hotels in the area are the Taj Garden Retreat (4 star), Autumn Trees Resorts (mid-range) and Samudra Hotel (Budget) and overnight houseboats for rent.
- When to go: March to May and September to October are the best times of the year to visit.
- Days to Allocate: at least 5 days.
Wildlife Safari in Bengal
- What to do: Experience the tiger, rhinos, and other rich wildlife in Ranthambore and Sunderbans National Parks.
- Hotels: Sajnekhali Lodge (mid-range), Sherbagh (5 star), Tiger Den Resort (mid-range).
- When to go: Between December and February.
- Days to Allocate: 3 days.
Palaces of Rajasthan
- What to do: Take the tour of the majestic palaces of Jaipur, Jodhpur and the lake palace in Udaipur.
- Hotels: Most affordable hotels include the Lake Palace Udaipur (5 star), Hotel Ratanada Polo Palace Jodhpur (4 star) and Hotel Kanchan Deep Jaipur (Budget).
- When to go: Between October and December.
- Days to Allocate: 6 days.