Use your hands to open doors!
Are you looking for a certified massage or beauty course that will qualify you to work with the public? Are you a holistic therapist looking for additional and original treatments to offer your clients? Would you like to be able to safely and effectively massage your partner, family or friends? Come and learn with London Therapists!
Why learn with London Therapists?
• We’re nationally accredited. Our courses are recognised by leading industry organisations like BABTAC (the British Association of Beauty Therapy & Cosmetology), CMA (Complementary Medical Association), GPBT (Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists), GHT (Guild of Holistic Therapists) and IPTI (Independent Professional Therapists International), so you can book with confidence. You can find out more about our accreditation below. • All our Diploma courses are insurable, meaning that you can practice professionally after completing them. • All our courses carry CPD (Continuous Professional Development) points, perfect for therapists seeking new and innovative massage techniques. • We're massage experts because we focus exclusively on teaching massage therapy. • Schedules to fit you, including weekday and weekend courses. • Private tuition is always available if none of our scheduled classes are convenient. • Mobile tutor service for both private students and corporate clients. • Small classes of between 2 to 8 students only, ensuring quality, one-to-one tuition during every course.
We run one-day Practitioner Diploma level courses in popular holistic massage therapies like Indian Head Massage and Thai Foot Massage, as well as original and innovative fusion massage courses like Japanese Hand Massage and Eastern Facial Massage. These are designed by and exclusive to London Therapists, so beware of bandwagon-jumpers! Clients are becoming ever more sophisticated in their tastes and we know how important it is to offer them new and exciting massage therapies. We’ll be introducing more original courses on a regular basis, so keep checking our website for news. Our Introduction to Holistic Massage course is perfect for couples and those wanting to massage friends and family, or for qualified therapists who need a refresher.
Our massage courses are all about giving you the practical, hands-on experience that you'll need to perform the therapies safely and confidently. Of course we cover client consultation, record keeping, contraindications and a brief history and background of the massage, but the emphasis is on learning the massage technique and sequence during your time with us.
We don’t believe that holding classes in big, impersonal rooms with large groups of students makes for an optimal learning experience. Each one of our friendly massage courses only take between two to eight students, making our student-to-tutor ratio very low. This means we can guarantee you quality one-to-one tuition on every course you attend. We've also got a great selection of dates and venues to choose from, but places are limited due to our small class sizes, so please book as early as you can to get the date that you want. We can arrange private tuition if none of them suit you, for which there’s no extra charge. We also offer combi-course discounts and a mobile tutor service, below, so there's never been a better time to learn with us!
About our Accreditation
Our Diploma courses are recognised and accredited by some of the UK’s leading professional organisations, including BABTAC, CMA, GPBT, GHT and IPTI. We highly recommend that you become a member of at least one of these associations if you intend to practice professionally.
• BABTAC (the British Association of Beauty Therapy & Cosmetology) has been the professional face of beauty and holistic therapy for over 30 years. It is the premier UK and international association for beauticians and therapists and is widely recognised as one of the longest standing and most influential bodies for the industry. On application, potential members' qualifications are vetted to ensure they meet with national/international requirements, and all work to a rigorous code of ethics and accepted good practices - both in terms of the treatments and therapies they offer and the way they conduct their relationships with their clients.
• The primary aim of the CMA (Complementary Medical Association) is to promote ethical, responsible, professional complementary medicine to the public and the medical profession. The CMA is great news for professional practitioners, ethical colleges and patients who demand and expect excellence in every aspect of treatment.
• Launched in 1994, the GPBT (Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists) and GHT (Guild of Holistic Therapists) are the UK's biggest professional beauty trade bodies. The Guild has over 5,000 members who are all fully qualified beauty and holistic therapists. All members of the GPBT and GHT work to a strict code of ethics.
• IPTI (Independent Professional Therapists International) is a genuinely independent association formed to serve the needs of alternative and complementary therapists, health and fitness therapists and aestheticians throughout Great Britain. IPTI recognises the importance of a professional association to bring strength and purpose to the qualified therapist and provide a sense of belonging to a profession whose importance and value is being increasingly recognised.
Mobile Tutor Service
We realise that it may not always be possible for you to travel to our venues to attend a course; this can often involve arranging accommodation, childcare and all the hassle that being away from home involves. With you in mind London Therapists offers a Mobile Tutor service – we come to you, whether you're a private student or a corporate client. To qualify for our Mobile Tutor service there should ideally be a minimum of four of you who want to learn the massage, and we can teach up to a maximum of eight which is very cost-effective. All you need to do is provide the venue (a private home is fine if you have enough room), chairs or couches, and we’ll teach you where it’s convenient for you to learn.
If you’d like to arrange for a Mobile Tutor to visit you, please email us and let us know how we can help.
All text/script/images/code are © August 2006 London Therapists. No unauthorised copying or reproduction is allowed without our written permission.