WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR HOLIDAY AND TRAVEL PHOTOS?
Everyone else is making history by attempting to break a WORLD RECORD!
MILLION PLACES ON EARTH IS A WORLD RECORD BREAKING ATTEMPT TO FIND AND VISUALLY RECORD ONE MILLION UNIQUE PLACES ON EARTH.
We want anyone, anywhere, from every country around the world to come together, join in and upload just one photo of your part of the World or of your travels to take part in this exciting challenge.
Taking part in this global hunt for a million unique places on earth is absolutely FREE. Read more about how you can get involved and help make history.
This is BIG! This is HUGE! You definitely want to be part of it. So don't wait, register now.
Wikipedia's Definition of Travel
Travel is the transport of people on a trip/journey or the process or time involved in a person or object moving from one location to another. Reasons for travel include:
- Tourism—travel for recreation. This may apply to the travel itself, or the travel may just be the necessary investment to arrive at a desired location.
- Visiting friends and family
- Commuting–going to various routine activities, such as work or meetings.
- Migration—travel to begin life somewhere else; nomadic people do this
- Pilgrimages—travel for religious reasons
The word originates from the Middle English word travailen ("to toil"), which comes from the French word travailler ("travail").
Our Definition of Travel
"Far away places with strange sounding names....."
- To venture into the unknown.
- To go to a land where you have not been before.
- To open your eyes to the world around you.
- To explore your surroundings wherever you are.
- To look and see and feel a place.
- To experience the thrill of doing something different.
- To learn about different people and cultures.
- To soak up the beauty of nature.
- To absorb the atmosphere of a place.
- To sense the quiet of wide open spaces.
- To enjoy the hustle and bustle of a city.
- To have a great adventure no matter which road you choose to take.
That is travel!
Never stop travelling, never stop learning.
16/09/07 Vorovoro Island, Fiji
Vorovoro Island is a small island (it takes approximately 2 and a half hours to walk round the perimeter, if you are dawdling that is, probably about an hour if you aren’t) ...........And where do you go when you need to go? Well, the compost loos of course, ..... Read more on the MPOE blog
Just got back in the early hours of Sunday morning from a weeks' hols in Turkey. We went to Kusadasi, a bit of a concrete jungle of a resort, I have to say, but the weather was good - actually a bit too hot to even sit in the sun for long. 37 - 38 degrees the whole week, with not a cloud in the sky, just to make all you people in the UK jealous. Yes, we escaped the rain and the floods, thank goodness.
For anyone going there,..... Read more on the MPOE blog